Ways You Can Support the Facial Pain Association
In addition to making a donation to the Facial Pain Association, there are other ways in which you can support the organization.
Start a Support Group in Your Area
For those affected by trigeminal neuralgia and related facial pain – patients, their spouses, family, friends and health professionals – local FPA Support Groups provide information, mutual aid and encouragement. These groups let all involved know that they are not alone; they can now share their experiences and feelings with others dealing with the same problems.
Ask Others to Donate
Talk to your friends and loved ones about your experience with Facial Pain and how it has affected your life. Let them know about all the great work we do at the Facial Pain Association and how their financial support will make a difference.
There are many ways in which to donate. You can also download and print the form linked here for them to complete and mail. If you’d like some printed materials/brochures you can use to help educate others, please contact us.
Create an Online Fundraising Event
GoFundMe is one of many crowdfunding platforms that lets you create your own unique fundraising campaign (for convenience, we have an established FPA presence on the GoFundMe site). You can create a team or fundraise as an individual. Be creative – maybe do something for Giving Tuesday or TN Awareness Day, or in honor of an individual suffering with TN.
- Visit: https://www.gofundme.com/sign-up?charity=1444607
- Create an account through Facebook or your email address
- Choose your goal, select “Medical, Illness and Healing” as the type of organization and decide whether you will be creating a team or fundraising as an individual.
- Then follow the easy step-by-step guide to finalize your campaign and start fundraising!
Create an In-Person Fundraising Event
There are many types of events where a fundraising component can be added — you can donate proceeds of ticket sales from a show, provide a percentage of the money raised during a specific timeframe at a restaurant, create a walk-a-thon, have a lemonade sale. Be creative!
We can provide support and materials to assist. Please contact us at least 2 weeks prior to the event at email@example.com or calling (800) 923-3608, so we can offer advice and ensure our message and brand are being used appropriately.
Create a Fundraising Campaign on Facebook
Start a fundraising campaign on Facebook for a special occasion (birthday, anniversary). You must notify us that you will be fundraising by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (800) 923-3608. Please also contact us when the fundraising is over with the amount that should be expected.
- From your top right profile page on Facebook click on the “Create” button then choose “Fundraiser”. You can also find this button on the left side panel of your newsfeed.
- You’ll then be asked who you are raising money for. Select “Nonprofit”.
- When prompted, type in “Facial Pain Association” and click on image below text once it appears.
- Then follow the prompts – select goal, date it will end, etc. – to finalize your campaign and begin fundraising.
Sell Items on eBay
eBay sellers can donate a percentage when they sell an item. Click here to learn about the benefits to you as a seller and how to begin.
- Select Facial Pain Association and the donation percentage when listing an item
SELL & SHIP
- Item sells
- Buyer pays the full amount to the seller
- Seller ships item to the buyer
- After the transaction is complete (approximately 21 days), PayPal Giving Fund will automatically collect the donation from the seller’s PayPal account
- Once a month PayPal Giving Fund will combine and deliver 100% of all donations collected for that charity
Use AmazonSmile when Purchasing items on Amazon
AmazonSmile is a website operated by Amazon with the same products, prices, and shopping features as Amazon.com. The difference is that when you shop on AmazonSmile, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible products to the charitable organization of your choice.
To begin, visit AmazonSmile (smile.amazon.com), and when prompted to select a charitable organization, choose The Facial Pain Association (aka TNA-Facial Pain Association). Bookmark the smile.amazon.com page and use that for all future purchases.
Donate Goods or Services
Do you have an item to donate that others might want to bid on at an auction? Vacation rental, sports memorabilia? Contact us for more information.
Help Raise Awareness
Join or follow the FPA on our social media platforms and share posted information!
Volunteer to assist with an exhibition at a local healthcare conference
TN Awareness Day
Support efforts for TN Awareness day held annually on October 7th. Visit TNAwarenessDay.com for more details
Attend or Host an FPA Conference
The FPA and its sponsors host both regional and national conferences where patients and their loved ones can connect directly with physicians who treat facial pain.
This is also a place where the entire facial pain community can come together to offer support.