Who Are We?
The Facial Pain Association (FPA) formerly known as the Trigeminal Neuralgia Association (TNA), a non-profit, 501(c)(3) volunteer organization, was founded in 1990 by a team of people who were profoundly grateful for recovery from years of disabling trigeminal neuralgia pain. The organization now assists thousands of others around the world. FPA has emerged as the world’s leading resource for information and health care guidance for all people suffering from neuropathic facial pain. Patients, their loved ones and healthcare professionals benefit from its programs of education, personal support, and advocacy efforts.
Guiding the association is a volunteer governing board and a Medical Advisory Board of highly-skilled experts in neurosurgery, neuroscience, general medicine, and dentistry.
To serve those with neuropathic facial pain, including trigeminal neuralgia, through support, education, and advocacy.
To be the most reliable and comprehensive resource on facial pain conditions for patients, their families and healthcare professionals.
- Substantially increase the number of people with neuropathic facial pain, their caregivers and the medical community who the FPA reaches.
- Improve the value of FPA’s work by significantly improving the alignment and delivery of information and support to the needs of our constituents.
- Expand the healthcare community’s awareness, involvement with, and support of FPA’s work to better serve our community.
- Substantially expand FPA’s strength by developing a large volunteer corps and aligning their activities with our mission and plan.
- Increase FPA’s revenues to enable it to fully fulfill its mission and implement this plan.